Home >> Mission
"Fulfill the Mission"
“We the members of The Society of Our Lady Commit Ourselves to:
Live the Paschal Mystery as disciples of Jesus and Mary
in graced friendship on Ecclesial Teams, consecrated to Mary,
following the Evangelical counsels, united in Eucharist,
prayer and apostolic service in areas of deepest need for the
full development of peoples leading them to become disciples.”
Mission in this context, refers to the commitment of values to be lived in order for The Society to realize the Vision. This becomes the way of life that is lived by the members of The Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity.
Values are the principles each members live, the sacrifices they are willing to make in order to attain the Vision. They are the way of life each member follows as expressed in mission. Mission is seen in the context of one’s beliefs, convictions, sacrifices and way of life.
- Committing to Daily Personal Encounters with the Living Jesus Christ of the Scriptures refers to the experience of the daily living encounter with Jesus Christ that leads the person to come to oneness in Jesus and to enter into and live the Communion of the Most Holy Trinity.
- The Communion of the Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit refers to the Trinitarian Communion of the Three Divine Persons of God as he exists within himself.
- To live the Paschal Mystery as Disciples of Jesus and Mary refers first to Jesus: to living in oneness with Jesus in his Trinitarian Life and secondly in reference to Mary: as becoming like Jesus by imitating Mary as the first and best disciple of Jesus. Discipleship is a true calling and vocation. The spirituality of Discipleship of Jesus and Mary come from the Gospels; its calling and vocations (of living this spirituality) come from the Scriptures and serve as a model of way of life for the members of The Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity to respond to their call and vocation. To live the Paschal Mystery in this Discipleship, the person lives in oneness with Jesus and Mary as they lived the Paschal Mystery of Jesus Our Redeemer. This means that
- Living in Graced Friendship on Ecclesial Teams refers to members who serve in teams whose friendships flow from grace.
- Consecrated to Jesus through Mary refers to the actions of Jesus, who consecrated himself so that we may be consecrated. Consecration to Jesus through Mary is the exemplar manner of fulfilling these words of Jesus (CCC #773).
- Living the Evangelical Counsels in Eucharistic Life, Prayer and Service refers to the fulfillment of the oneness of Jesus’ prayer to his Father, “I pray that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be one in us” (John 17:20-21 NAB).
- Areas of Greatest Apostolic Need refers to the Holy Spirit directing, moving and guiding each member as he did Jesus.
- The Integral Development of All Peoples refers to the fullness of the Divine Plan of our Heavenly Father for each one of his sons and daughters to become his sons and daughters as the family of our Heavenly Father.
1 For a further explanation of the topic, we refer to the writings of St. Louis Marie Grignon de Montfort, especially his book, Total Consecration to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Word, through Mary, St. Benedict Center Press, Richmond, New Hampshire, 1998.
Top of Page